Diocesan Tuition Assistance Program - 2015
Diocesan Tuition Assistance Program for
Families with Children Attending Catholic Schools
2015-16 School Year
Tuition assistance is awarded each year to families with children in our Catholic schools in grades K-12. Awards are made based on financial need.
How is the determination made?
In order to ensure a fair and impartial analysis, application is made through Private School Aid Service, Inc. (PSAS), our 3rd party provider.
Information contained in the application along with the supporting materials is used to determine financial need. The formula utilized has been especially designed for families with children attending Catholic school. This calculation is based on a moderate standard of living for the geographic area of the applicant, further ensuring a realistic result. This formula allows PSAS to determine the ability of a family to pay for private education. PSAS then initiates a comprehensive review and verification process ensuring the accuracy of the data.
Award Amount -Families who apply can receive up to one-half of the school's in-parish tuition rate.
Ways to apply (One application per family.)
1. HARD COPY (Fee-$30.00)
Click Here for an English Application
2. ONLINE APPLICATION (Fee –$27.00)
Click Here to Apply Online
· Available on January 15, 2015
· Complete the (P)rivate (S)chool (A)id (S)ervice online application and submit your tax documents to PSAS .
Questions for Spanish speaking applicants - 1-866-424-6443 Ask for Extension310.
· Applications postmarked by April 3, 2015 will be evaluated in Round 1. Typically, applications in the first round are submitted by existing school families or new families who register during Catholic Schools Week. Applications denied tuition assistance in Round 1 will be automatically reconsidered in Round 2. All applications must be complete, containing all supporting tax documentation.
· Applications postmarked by June 1, 2015 will be evaluated in Round 2. This is the final opportunity to apply for diocesan financial aid. Typically, applications in the second round are submitted by families who register late, regardless of whether they are new or existing families. All applications must be complete, containing all supporting tax documentation.
· In some cases, follow-up inquiries are made by PSAS. It is recommended that families submit the application as soon as possible.
· Applications received with all supporting documentation after June 1st will be considered only if additional funds become available.
· Families will be notified by letter whether or not an award is granted. When the letter is received the parent should contact the school.
· If an award is received – contact the school to work out adjusted tuition payments;
· If you are denied diocesan tuition assistance - contact your school and inquire if any funds are available directly from the school.
Terry Wintering, Account Representative;
Mary Sparks, Coordinator of School Finances
Phone: (609) 403-7168
Contact your school office